I was about to do this review a couple of days ago but my thoughts were stolen by the recent monsoon that hit the Philippines. It continues to cause floods in most parts of Luzon. My heartfelt prayers goes out to everyone affected by the said weather disturbance. Anyway, review comes right after. :)
I have dry and pale lips. Obviously, I consider it as unhealthy. It has always been my problem eversince. I can't go out without putting on lip stain or whatever that gives my lips a hint of color. As soon as I saw Maybelline's Baby Lips commercial, I decided to give this a try. I had mine in antioxidant berry put to work. Since I am such a lazy bee, I've used it for a just a few times after purchasing it and as expected, I didn't see any results.
|Image Source: Maybelline Australia|
(Since mine doesn't have a decent look now that it's overused)
Shortly a month later, I suffered from dehydration and it was very visible on my lips to the point that I've had badly chapped lips that occasionally bled. I thought this product might save my poor lips so I've used it daily. I used this post-bathing and swipe some before going to sleep so it can work its wonders overnight. Soon after, I noticed that my lips became soft and it has less lines.
- Gives 8-hour moisture. No need to reapply every now and then.
- Has SPF 20.
- Does its job perfectly as defined in the packaging: less dry, less rough lips, more supple and better looking lips after use.
- Easy to find. Available even at your local drugstores.
- Inexpensive @ P79.
- Cute packaging. Very eye catching at its pop color covers.
- Smells and tastes nice.
- It has no color compared to Maybelline Baby Lips sold in other countries. They have more flavors and comes with a different packaging, too, which fairly looks like this:
|Image source: http://russianred10.blogspot.com|
But overall, it does its job very well so, I can't quite find a reason not to like it. Maybelline Baby Lips are available in four flavors: Antioxidant Berry, Energizing Orange, Smoothing Cherry and Relieving Menthol. They're definitely worth a try. Will I repurchase? YES, maybe the one in mint.