I’m into reds and plums lately so I thought of getting more of these shades. I can't really sport nudes as I thought of it being too pale on me and I've been wearing pinks since forever.
I always see the Maybelline Colorshow rack whenever I go along the beauty section in the department stores. Their lipsticks caught my eyes, and upon checking, I was thrilled that they’re really affordable!
To test the waters, I got two shades: Red My Lips (202) and Plum Perfect (403).
I have swatched a couple of shades on the back of my hand and I picked these two. What I've noticed right away is that the color from the tube is slightly different from the actual product. I think the flash photo didn't gave justice to it since the plum appeared pinkish and the red was orange-y. Below is a photo without flash.
As you can see, the color is a bit different from the shade indicator (at least for the plum one).
- Moisturizing and hydrating on the lips; doesn't cause dryness and flaking.
- Does not appear too creamy or glossy.
- Glides on the lips smoothly.
- Good color pay-off.
- Packaging is simple yet nice.
- Affordable at ₱160; available in a variety of shades.
- Available in most department stores and Watsons.
- A bit light when worn alone so I have to use it together with lip pencils.
- Not long lasting; if you are eating anything, you would definitely need a touch up.
To prolong the staying power, I use a lip liner underneath. This way, the color is more vibrant and obvious. Staying power is 3 to 4 hours. Nevertheless, I'd still give these lippies a go!
Verdict: 4 / 5