Saturday, July 7, 2012

One Shade of Red

Excuse me for my randomness. I always admire the guts of women who can sport red lipsticks. Yes, Anne Curtis! I envy them, I look darker when I wear red lippies. Sorry, but the following are my attempts to look effortless in the red shade. You have been warned. :)



Pardon for the unclear pictures, I just used my camera phone.

Lipstick used: Pop Shop in Princess Heart



Here's a swatch:

(with flash)


(without flash)

The color isn't too strong nor light, just the right shade of red. Plus it has a long staying power, even if you drink or eat, it doesn't go off easily.

Personally, I think red puckers match a nude or bare face because it draws too much attention to your canvass. Unless you want to look like flared or something, then go on put on whatever you want to your face. What are your favorite lipstick shades? Do you always wear red ones? Tell me more about it! :) 


9 comments:

Ayra said...

Hahaha! I WAS into make-ups before, pero di siguro talaga hiyang mukha ko at nagsawa na rin ako. Pag nagmemake-up ako, sa bahay lang. Tipong natripan lang. I've been dying to have a red lipstick, yung nagamit ko kasi ay sa Lola ko, I misplaced it kaya nakakalungkot, bumagay kasi sa akin. LOL

Do you have the MAC Ruby Woo lipstick? Parang matte red, Ate Jam. Gusto kong bumili nun pero nag-iipon pa ako. Poor eh. :D

Caryl the Magnificent said...

Red lipstick, I wanna try since it's the trend na din. Kaso I don't think it suits me. T ^ T Pero bagay sainyo yung ganyang shade! :) Well, you don't look that dark naman. In fact, mas nagcompliment nga sa skin color niyo yung redness ng lipstick eh. Nice choice of shade! :)

Something non-related to this post: Your blog is really nice! :) Uhm, yeah, that's all :)

http://whimsical-ish.blogspot.com/

Isabel :)) said...

@Ayra: Ngayon lang ako naging interested sa make-up tapos di ko pa rin magawa ng maayos. Um, well, lipstick kaya ko pa naman. Haha! I don't have any MAC products, babe. Mahal sobra. Nanghihinayang ako. Siguro, pag-iipunan ko muna rin. Poor din ako eh. :D

@Caryl:You should try it din, baka bumagay din sayo. Nasa pagdadala na lang din siguro. KAYA NATIN 'TO. Hahaha! =)) Thank you sa compliment! I'll visit yours too! <3

kerker said...

what a lovely colour on you! Wish I could pull off red lippies but i have really think lips so it looks weird on me lol

Isabel :)) said...

@kerker: I think it will look good especially on thick lips. Try it & show me the results? :)

Leslie said...

Dear Jam,

If you haven't noticed, I'm currently stalking your blog right now and it surprisingly amazed me that you're into make-up now. I love it! We're getting on the same page, I'm in-love with red lipstick this month :))

Hope to see you soon! <3

Isabel :)) said...

I just saw this today. :D

Make-up <3 I just have to learn how to put on everything. I'm still learning :)

See you soon, Les! <3

Claui said...

I love lipsticks! I'm addicted to lipstick. I do believe you just need to find the right shade of red that will perfectly suit your skin tone :)

Isabel :)) said...

You sure have to! There are a lot of red shades around. We just have to find the perfect one for us :)

Post a Comment

© 2011 Oh! Strawberryyy., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena